At Oliver Cabell, they hand make footwear and accessories using modern materials coupled with old-school techniques then offer them to you, minus the markups.
* A little trick to convert European sizes to North American sizes for men - subtract a "33" from the euro size number to get the North American equivalent (i.e size 42; 42-33 = 9... so a 42 euro is a 9 US)
Construction | Hand stitched and lasted in Marche, Italy
Upper | 3oz full grain calfskin leather from Marche, Italy
Outsole | Margom Italian outsoles — renowned for their durable, lightweight rubber
Footbed | Italian calf-skin over removable molded in-sole
Lining | Italian calfskin leather
Counters | 3oz full grain calfskin leather from Marche, Italy
Laces | Italian cotton
Here are foolproof steps to cleaning your sneakers:
- Dip a cloth or brush into a bowl of water.
- Apply a generous amount of shoe cleaner to brush.
- Dip brush back into the bowl of water.
- Scrub shoes creating foaming action.
- Wipe clean with a microfiber towel. Repeat steps 1-5 if necessary.
- Air dry. Apply conditioner.
FAIR PRICING BREAKDOWN
Leather: $26.04, Lining: $8.12, Outsoles: $6.60, In-soles: $3.80, Cutting/Manufacturing/Quality Control: $34.88, Packaging: $3.96, Transit: $12.43, Duties: $5.36, Shipping: $11.50
THE SHOEMAKER WORKSHOP (EST. 1998) - EL MARCHE, ITALY
When we set out to make our first shoe, we knew we wanted quality that would stand the test of time. We interviewed over 40 footwear factories throughout Europe but none met the quality and ethical standards we were looking for. We then met Diego, who manages production for a few high-end brands and agreed to help us out. He introduced us to the owner of this factory, Pedro, who has been producing for a handful of small luxury brands for generations. Each pair takes days to complete, as every step is done by hand. In order to execute our designs perfectly, we collaborate closely with Pedro and his team through the entire process.